The eyes are the windows to your soul.
I have always believed that my pair of eyes is one of my assets. Yeah, I might be wearing glasses or contact lenses to see properly, but, still, people usually notice my eyes first. And this is why I have vowed to learn more about makeup – to make this pair really stand out. 🙂
For me, though, one of the most important things us women can do to bring out our eyes more is to shape our eyebrows. I used to have VERY thick eyebrows. Don’t believe me? Well, look at this old photo of moi back in high school.
Ugh, I tell yah (and those oversized glasses didn’t suit me AT ALL). It was only in college when my dear kikay cousin Rose sat me down and told me I need to do something with my brows. She plucked them into shape! But, I got so hooked on plucking them that I ended up with thin eyebrows, as pictured below. 😀
Yeah, that’s me! Can you believe it?! 😀
My thin eyebrows made me look older than I really am so I searched the web and Youtube for tutorials on how to make them look more natural and generally nicer. I learned that there’s no way I can regrow the hair back to its normal eyebrow shape after plucking.
A friend of mine suggested I switch to using plain eyebrow pencil to powder. I was a bit concerned ‘cause I’m not sure about the eyebrow powder makeup’s staying power. I decided to give it a try though, with In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Makeup.
I bought it from the beauty section in SM Department Store for only Php 300. At first, I was a bit overwhelmed by the price, but decided to continue with the purchase. Let’s just say that I have no regrets about that decision. 🙂
Pardon the photo. I promise to take better shots of the products next time.
There are three (3) shades available – caramel, brown and dark brown. At first, I only used the third shade ‘cause I have really black eyebrows. But, then, I realized my brows look too dark for me. So, I switched back to the brown. I use the caramel or lightest shade to make my natural eyebrow hair look more brown than black.
The In2It eyebrow makeup comes with a small eyebrow brush, but I don’t use it anymore because it’s too soft. I’m now using the eyebrow makeup with my Suesh Angled Eyebrow brush (which I’ll be blogging about soon!).
A couple of weeks ago, my bro and I were in SM and I was there to buy a liquid eyeliner. We dropped by In2It and there was this lovely lady who offered me a makeover. I admit, I haven’t learned how to work on my eyebrows correctly yet, so I was interested on how she would shape them. Here’s the result:
Here’s how she did it: She dipped the eyebrow brush in water before getting some of the powder to put on my brows. She said it’ll make it easier for her to shape them and it stays on longer.
I so forgot her name! So sorry, gurl! But, I love how you did my brows! 🙂
I tried her technique at home and I’m very happy with the fact that I have another way of using my In2It Waterproof Eyebrow makeup. However, though I can fix computers, design or code blogs or websites, or repair printers, I still have trouble shaping my eyebrows with makeup that I still get them messed up sometimes. I’m still working on it so I can make them look like the one in the photo above. I guess I’m just enjoying playing with eyeshadows now. 😀
Here’s my final take on In2It Waterproof Eyebrow makeup:
- It’s very affordable at Php 300 only (less than $10).
- Gives your eyebrows a more natural look.
- Long-lasting, especially if you use the wet brush technique. Since I have combination skin, I need to retouch like twice if I’m out the whole day. So, I end up using eyebrow pencil when that happens.
- A kit can last up to at least 6 months. I use it frequently (not everyday) and since I blend the different shades, it’s been with me for over a year now.
- Very lightweight and you can bring this with you anywhere for touch-ups.
- There’s a mirror inside that you can use when travelling.
- Not too pigmented. I had trouble with the swatches ‘cause I had to swipe it three times just for the swatch photo above. But, that only means good news for you don’t have to worry about getting the color or shade out of control when you use it on your eyebrows.
- Since I love black, obviously, I love the packaging! 🙂
- It claims to have Vitamin E.
- The eyebrow brush that comes with it is just too soft and unusable, if you ask me.
Overall, I highly recommend this In2It Waterproof Eyebrow makeup, especially if you’re like me who needs to badly tame down those eyebrows. 🙂